Pages

Monday, May 13, 2013

The Time We Almost Had A Bed

Due to our still glaring lack of furniture, (today marks the start of week 4 of waiting) Nate and I managed to get a few things accomplished. 

I ventured out to Lowe's a picked up 2 cheap planters and some Petunias to put up front. My dad always called me Petunia, so they are kinda special to me. I also happened to stumble on some in my favorite color, yellow, which put an even bigger smile on my face.
Now if only housing would let me dig my hands into  all that space along the house....



Love them!

Planting some flowers put me in worker bee mode, because a few hours later I was back at Lowe's (this time with Nate in tow) getting paint. I wanted to get the living room done before our furniture arrived, but my step stool is with our furniture....so for now, our living room looks like this...


Gotta love being short.
The color is Rockport Grey by Benjamin Moore color matched by Valspar. I had stumbled across this color on Pinterest a few times, then again on a blog I love to read, Young House Love. It's such a rich, moody color, and it looks great no matter how the light hits it. I think it will look nice with our brown/tan couch and the tan-ish curtains you see wadded up in the middle of the floor. I'm planning on using it in our master bedroom as well.
And speaking of bedrooms....


I finally got around to staining the wood for our bed frame. I then proceeded to give Nate a sad face until he put it together. You also get a peek at one of our dressers. I want to paint both of them. I might actually get around to it someday. Maybe.
 If you are nosy like me and like to see other people houses I'll humor you. Here is the mess that is the other side of the master.
Yikes.
So now it's Monday. Nate has work and I'm going to stare at my phone waiting for Nate to call and tell me the furniture guys are here.
Kidding, I'm probably going to take a nap. Gotta get rested up for when our stuff does get here. I have 3 weeks worth of laundry to do. yaaaaay.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

designed with love by beautiful dawn designs