Pages

Monday, May 6, 2013

A Little Goes A Long Way

We've been in our house for roughly two weeks now. Here's a peek at how much has changed...

What a lovely TV...

Why yes, we are still furniture-less. And yes, those are my curtains crumpled up on the floor. It's a new look.
Our furniture gets taken out of storage tomorrow and we will hopefully get it by Friday. Hopefully.

In other news, Nate reported to his unit. He is with the Maneuver Support Center of Excellence (MSCoE) Ft. Leonard Wood. Not going to lie, that is pretty much all I know/understood. I know they do something with the schools and training at this post, and that's about it. He has a cubicle (insert laughing here).
I got a job at the Pershing Community Center as a banquet server. It's on post and pays more than minimum wage, so I figured it's not a bad place to start. I start tomorrow. By start, I mean I go to some building and watch hours upon hours of drool inducing safety videos. Yay!


Now, without 95% of our belongings, we haven't been able to do a whole lot in the house. However, we did add some small shelves that I'm excited to share, since it's really the first thing we've done!

First, make sure you have plenty of assistance. It helps if they are cute.




Yup, cute.
Then, enlist the amazing man in your life to hang the shelves according to the instructions on the packaging while you squat in the tub to take pictures.


Sexy poses are optional, but suggested. And suggestive. (I'm so clever!)

Fill shelves with desired junk! And TA-DA!!!
(FYI: We know the bottom shelf isn't level, but it does what we need it to. We aren't totally sure if it was us (ahem Nate) that caused it to be un-level, or a defect in the shelf. I'm going with the latter.)

We used two 18-inch Allen + Roth shelves from Lowe's and the basket (also Allen + Roth) is from there as well.

Project Breakdown:
Shelves: 2x 13.62(ea)
Basket: 9.99
Drill: already owned
Lowe's Military Discount: -3.72
Total: 36.27

2 comments:

  1. You used "we" a lot here yet I only see your stuff on the shelves. Did his fall off of the unlevel one? ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There is a picture of OUR dogs on the shelf :) But all of his stuff is in the medicine cabinet. I don't have the patience to open and close it 10 times to get to all my things (that don't all fit in there anyways.)

      Delete

designed with love by beautiful dawn designs