Pages

Sunday, September 22, 2013

Being Thankful

Just some information for you: the rest of our vacation (from almost 3 months ago) will be posted about soon. My computer crashed, but I did manage to save some of my photos. I should have a healthy computer again this week.
This post is coming out of nowhere and is just going to be a whole mess of words. It is for my sanity and I don't expect anyone to read it.
You've been warned.

If you didn't know, I started college classes again in August. For the third time. I'm Pre-AAS in Nursing and am working my butt off to apply (and be accepted) into the program in April. There are roughly 70 of us going for 40 slots, and the school only accepts students once a year. It's competitive, it's stressful, and it is only going to become more so the further into the program I get. However, I'm so fascinated by everything I'm learning, I can't imagine not doing it. Most days.

I thought this last week was going to end me. Seriously. My work hours doubled when I started school, I had presentations due, papers to write, mid-terms to study for, laundry to do, an empty fridge and pantry, unbalanced check book, a crashed laptop, plus a bajillion other things and what seemed like no time. There was pressure and I was cracking under it. I was stressed. I was tired. And did I mention I was stressed?

Here's the thing. I was forgetting about all the wonderful blessings God has given me in life. Things so terrific, they make everything far less stressful. Those things that are still stressful, become manageable.
 I have an AMAZING husband who only becomes mildly annoyed with me when I get stressed and snap at him. If I ask Nate to do it, it's done (if he remembers), and there's never a complaint. Not only is he an incredible help but he is the best cheerleader I could possibly ask for.
Then there's my family. They are super. Their love and support carries me through school and truly nothing makes me feel as great as when one of them tells me how proud they are of me.
And that job that is scheduling me extra? I'm thankful I have a job when so many others struggle to find one. A job that allows me to work just daytime hours so I can attend class at night and lets me clock out in the middle of a shift so I can go register for a test that has a limited number of openings. A job that helps pay for the brand new car I own or that new purse I bought. I'm thankful that my boss values me enough as an employee to give me these hours. And I'm thankful that being a full-time student with a job will ultimately make me a better worker. A better nurse.
That laundry I had to do? Finally forced me to wear clothes I bought but continued to push aside in my closet.
The empty fridge forced Nate and I both to eat food we had purchased instead of continuing to skip over it until it was finally wasted and thrown out.
That unbalanced checkbook? I'm thankful that Nate and I have an income that can support having an unbalanced checkbook for almost two weeks.
All the schoolwork I had? I finished it. On time and received good grades. My time management improved and I'm a better student for it.
That crashed laptop of mine? Ok, that one is still stressful, but there are some things more important than a few pictures or music files lost. I'm thankful I can afford the $100 to get it fixed. I'm also thankful Nate and I own two laptops!

The point of this post? There isn't one. I suppose if I made you see some of your negative in a positive light then this had more purpose then me just getting it off my chest and taking a break from studying. But now our laundry is done, fridge is full, checkbook balanced, laptop almost fixed, and I'm still alive.

Life is good :)


0 comments:

Post a Comment

designed with love by beautiful dawn designs